Fair Processing Notice/Privacy Notice
Superuni has produced a Fair Processing Notice and Privacy Notice required by General Data Protection Regulations(EU) 2016/679 and subsequent legislation. This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it, how we use this information, who we share the information with and how we keep your information secure.
During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically or otherwise) about you, your guarantor and the other members of the tenancy. We recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we handle your information.
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA161409 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officers are Charlotte Harris, Noémie Spierckel and Carmen Lever.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of one of Data Protection Officers.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you;
- From your application for accommodation.
- From your use of Superuni Forms submitted, including but not limited to creating tenancy agreements, guarantor agreements or notices.
- From any communications forms completed on the website
- From any email or postal queries submitted.
- From any reports submitted to our onsite wardens.
We may collect the following information about you;
- Tenant Name, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, addresses (including previous addresses), marital status, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where/what you are studying and also vehicle registration.
- Guarantor name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, addresses (including any previous addresses), martial status, proof of address, proof of identity and proof of finances.
- Property address; term rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities.
- The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received.
- Bank account details of the tenant and/or guarantor including account number and sort code and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or storecards that you have: and
- Any welfare benefit that you may be eligible for, or are currently on.
- We also operate external CCTV in number of our large student accommodations.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information;
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested:
- to help you manage your tenancy and property;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any of third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purpose set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following;
- If we enter into a joint venture with, merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners
- If we sell your property during your tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the new owners.
- To our due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/guarantor, including but not limited the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of reference from relevant parties whose date you have provided:
- To determine if there are any money judgements against you, as prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency.
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme, administrator, service/utility provider, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
- We require to process and retain certain personal information that you have provided to us. From time to time we may pass any or all of that personal information on to third parties who may carry out specific maintenance work our behalf for processing
All physical paperwork is stored in the Superuni offices. The property is locked and also has an alarm system in operation out of office hours.
The guarantor’s surety information is stored with password protection on the server. The guarantor surety information is shredded, once stored its stored electronically.
We review the data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law, we may be legally required to hold some types of information, or in any relevant contract we have with you. In instances where there is a debt recovery, personal data will be stored longer until the debt has been recovered.
The guarantor’s surety information is stored electronically on the server with password protection. Once processed, any paper copies of the surety information are shredded.
You have the right at any time to:
- Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information:
- Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold: and
- Object to receiving any marketing communication from us
If you would like to exercise any of rights above please contact us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, please contact us in the first instance. You also have a right to complaint to Information Commissioners Office in relation to our use of your information.
Please note that the accuracy of your information is important to us, please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries about our policies. Our contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org and the number is 01962 842864.